Monday, March 12, 2012

Tool #5: Producing with Web 2.0 Tools


I created the above word cloud using ABCya. The text comes from Ch. 9 of To Kill a Mockingbird, which is about Jem's encounter with Mrs. Dubose. I could use this as a set for our class discussion of this chapter and ask the students why the words "Jem," "lady," and "courage" are emphasized. This would lead them to the message of this chapter, which is what a "real" lady is and what "real" courage is.

http://ljasek.edu.glogster.com/tkam-ch-9/

The above link is to a Glogster poster that is also based off of Ch. 9 from To Kill a Mockingbird. I included it as a link because the poster is big and takes up much of my blog space. I could use it as a warm up activity. I would show the Glogster poster on my ActivBoard and ask students to write a response to it. Then, we could use it as a springboard for our discussion of this chapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment