Monday, March 12, 2012

Tool 10: Underneath it All - Digital Citizenship

1. I would want to make sure that my students understand that being a good digital citizen is just like being a good citizen; they must be honest, they must realize that responsibility comes with freedom, and they must treat others as they would like to be treated.

2. I plan to use the chart of resources by grade level and content on the SBISD Ed Tech website. I would make my students view a site in each category and have them answer questions about each site.

3. I would "teach" the idea of digital citizenship to your students by showing them the video on the 11 tools website and engaging them in a class discussion about what digital citizenship is and what I expect from them.

4. I plan to share the idea of digital citizenship with my students' parents by composing a letter to send home with students that parents must read, sign, and return. This could also be a short topic of discussion at Back to School Night.

No comments:

Post a Comment