Sunday, January 29, 2012

Tool #3: Finding Online Video and Image Resources



1. After visiting several of the sites, I found Blinkx to be very helpful. It allowed me to search for videos on several sites, so it was a great time saver.

2. The above YouTube clip is the movie trailer for "Gifted Hands: The Ben Carson Story." We are going to watch this video in my classroom as part of our non-fiction unit, so I thought it would be great to show this to the students to get them interested in his story.


The above video is an excerpt from one of Dr. Ben Carson's speeches. I think I may show this to my students after we've watched the movie. I will have them watch it and then analyze it for rhetorical devices, etc. I may also try to find a transcript of the speech so that they can easily refer back to the speech as they write and discuss.

3. In regards to copyright and fair use, I learned that it is always best to err on the side of caution...give credit where credit is due!

4. I can see how Dropbox would be very useful in my classroom, especially once I receive my iPads. I can save documents to my Dropbox account, and they will be instantly accessible to students using the iPads. This will make group work a breeze! Groups of students can complete assignments and activities, save them to the Dropbox account, and then view and comments on each other's work.

No comments:

Post a Comment